08 May, 2012

#Interview with Richard Stephenson, #Author of Collapse (New America, #1)



The story is set in the year 2027 and in the middle of The Second Great Depression. One hurricane has already destroyed a coastline and hundreds of life in its wake and a second one has already set its target. As if that is not enough to test the Americans, the Middle East has united as one and has created an intimidating army and there are terrorists are on American soil. Can things get any worse? Who can save the day?

Howard Beck, Richard Dupree and Maxwell Harris are three regular men – well almost average if you can overlook the fact that one is the richest man with Asperger’s syndrome, the second an ex-Navy Seal turned convict and the third is a crippled chief of Police. They need to save themselves first and survive in order to fight the most daunting tasks set ahead of them. 

Do they manage it? Who knows?? The 7 chapter sneak peak has merely managed to set the scene and give a taste of what’s to come. And if these 7 chapters are any indication of what the book is like, well then, get ready for hordes of action, drama and suspense. It has got into such a great rhythm that I can hardly wait for the book to be out!!! This has to be one of the most gripping beginning EVER!!! 


An Interview with the Author

DDS: Tell us a little bit about yourself.
RS: I’ve worked in law enforcement for the past fifteen years, I’ve been married for sixteen years and have two kids, a 14 year old son and 12 year old daughter. Native Texan, born in Texas and lived in Texas all my life.

DDS: What got you into writing?   
RS: I would have to say the fact that I read so much motivated me to write.  I’ve always wanted to read a book like the one I was writing, I’m always looking for a particular kind of post-apocalyptic novel and just decided to write one myself.

DDS: Tell us about your upcoming release. 
RS: “Collapse” is set fifteen years in the future and chronicles the downfall of America.  A lot of the details that lead to the collapse are based on current events happening today.

DDS: What was the hardest part about writing the book? 
RS: Finding the time outside of a family and a full time job.

DDS: What are your writing pet peeves? 
RS: Keeping it organized.  I write on two computers and my iPad.

DDS: Who is your favourite Character? (one of your own creation – published/unpublished) 
RS: Howard Beck.  He is most fun to write

DDS: Now time for some fun facts about you. If ‘Collapse’ was to be turned into a movie – which Actor/Actress would you like to see playing the characters? 
RS: Excellent question!  I had a lot of fun deciding that after I finished the first few chapters.  Howard Beck would be Malcolm McDowell.  Maxwell Harris would be Mark Ruffalo.  Richard Dupree would be Hugh Jackman. President Powers would be Denzel Washington. 

DDS: Hugh Jackman & Denzel Washington! Am so there at the theatre already!! Who is your favourite author & which is your favourite book? I know it is beyond difficult, but you can name only one in each category!! 
RS: Favorite author is probably Stephen King.  Favorite book is The Godfather.

DDS: One thing readers would be surprised to know about you… 
RS: I’ve been in law enforcement for fifteen years and I don’t have a single gun in my house.

DDS: Besides writing, what else do you enjoy? 
RS: Computers, movies, video games.

DDS: What’s the one thing that you want your readers to take away from this book? 
RS: That civilization is fragile.

DDS: Anything else you would like to say to your readers/fans?
RS:  I’m grateful and humbled by their support.


Contact the Author

No comments:

Post a Comment